Q2’s digital banking platform, which currently powers nearly 30% of the top 100 banks in the U.S., will allow more than 18.3 million registered users to buy, sell, and hold bitcoin.
- Q2 Holdings Inc. (NYSE:QTWO) provides digital banking and lending solutions to banks, credit unions, alternative finance, and fintech companies globally.
- According to the company, the Q2 digital banking platform currently powers nearly 30% of the top 100 banks in the U.S.
- Q2 announced Wednesday that it will collaborate with New York Digital Investment Group (NYDIG) “to offer integrated bitcoin solutions for financial institutions via Q2’s digital banking platform.”
- The announcement states:
They will collaborate to provide the more than 18.3 million registered users on the Q2 platform with the ability to buy, sell and hold bitcoin.
- NYDIG is a leading technology and financial services firm dedicated to bitcoin. It is a subsidiary of Stone Ridge, a $10 billion alternative asset manager.
- Q2 will leverage NYDIG’s “secure, regulated, full-stack bitcoin platform” to allow its financial institution clients to provide their customers with “integrated bitcoin services and further drive end-user acquisition, retention and engagement, while increasing fee revenue opportunities,” the announcement details.
What do you think about Q2 offering bitcoin buying, selling, and holding on its banking platform? Let us know in the comments section below.
Image Credits: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. It is not a direct offer or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, or a recommendation or endorsement of any products, services, or companies. Bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal, or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author is responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services mentioned in this article.