All the sessions from Transform 2021 are available on-demand now. Watch now.
During Nintendo’s Indie World Showcase today, we discovered that Axiom Verge 2 is launching … later today. You can buy the Metroidvania sequel on your Switch today.
The original Axiom Verge came out in 2015. The indie game has stood out as one of the better Metroidvanias out there thanks to its atmospheric pixel art.
As far as Metroidvanias go, Axiom Verge leans especially hard toward the Metroid side of the equation. Just looking at a screenshot of the game will give you some of the subterranean, creepy Metroid vibes.
Nintendo is fond of revealing at least one game during these Indie World Showcases that launches right after the show.
GamesBeat’s creed when covering the game industry is “where passion meets business.” What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you — not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and “open office” events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties