Did you miss GamesBeat Summit 2021? Watch on-demand here!
Nintendo reported its year-end financial results today and said the Switch sold more than 28.8 million units in the past 12 months ended March 31.
Lifetime sales of the Switch are now at 84.59 million units, with 587.12 million copies of software. That means it has outdistanced the Nintendo 3DS, which sold 75.94 million units and 386.48 million copies of software.
Nintendo forecast that it could sell another 26.5 million Switch consoles in the next year ending March 31, 2022. During the year, Nintendo’s operating profit nearly doubled.
GamesBeat’s creed when covering the game industry is “where passion meets business.” What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you — not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and “open office” events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties