Join gaming leaders online at GamesBeat Summit Next this upcoming November 9-10. Learn more about what comes next.
Star Ocean: The Divine Force debuted during today’s Sony State of Play. It will come out in 2022 for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4.
The Star Ocean series started in 1996. It’s a franchise of action RPGs from Square Enix. While most Japanese RPGs have fantasy influences, Star Ocean is a sci-fi affair. Think anime meets Star Trek.
The Divine Force will be the sixth entry in the series. It’s the first Star Ocean since Integrity and Faithlessness’s release in 2016.
You can watch the reveal trailer above.
GamesBeat’s creed when covering the game industry is “where passion meets business.” What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you — not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and “open office” events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties